YOICHI MASUZOE IS THE NEW GOVERNOR OF TOKYO
And though this is bad news, Masuzoe should resign within his first year in office. Why? Because he is bound for another potential scandal, as he is accustomed to.
Masuzoe has won the gubernatorial election despite
- his money scandal (250 million yen, as opposed to ex-Governor Inose’s puny 50 million),
- domestic violence allegations from several of his many wives and girlfriends,
- non-payment of child alimony to one of his children out of wedlock,
- lying about taking care of his aging mother,
- bribing the voters in Tokyo with 2020 Tokyo Olympic badges (not for sale).
- insulting all Japanese women ““Women are not normal when they are having a period … You can’t possibly let them make critical decisions about the country [during their period] such as whether or not to go to war,”
Tokyoites have elected the worse candidate possible. Well that is 46% of them to be precise. Thanks to Organized Votes from LDP and Komei/Soka Gakkai
He should also be grateful for the Japan’s mainstream media, from increasingly government-PR organ NHK to left-leaning Asahi Shinbun, for not reporting the various scandals that everyone in the media and the political class knew about during the election campaign and for their genuine, heart-felt effort to de-emphasize any nuclear issue to the point of not even showing the faces of the two former prime ministers as they campaigned on the anti-nuclear platform.
BY THE NUMBERS
10.68 million of Tokyo’s 13.2 million residents were eligible to vote in Sunday’s election. There were 16 candidates for Tokyo governor. Turnout was 46%. 3rd Lowest in History.
Masuzoe got 2 million votes. Utsunomiya second, Hosokawa 3rd, the militarist 4th, the one guy under 65 in 5th place, and the Doctor NakaMatsu 6th.
2,111,000 out of 13.2 million means that 16% of Tokyo’s residents went out to vote for Masuzoe.
Though this was a predictable outcome, two points are worth noting;
- 50 percent of female voters in Tokyo voted for the sexist Masuzoe. (45 percent of male voters voted for him.). Yes, that makes no sense.
- Though the anti nuclear platform was split evenly with candidates Utsunomiya and Hosokawa, they would have still lost, had they join forces.
Bottom line, the Tokyoites apathy and their reknown lack of involment in anything other than their daily lives helped once more a corrupt and sociopath into power. And that is bad news for the people of Fukushima.
This is a great victory for PM Abe more than it is for Masuzoe. After taking full control over the mass media such as NHK and now it seems Asahi and after forcing the Secrecy law onto the populace, PM Abe is diligently pushing his fascist agenda in full motion.
Thank you Tokyo. You can now return to your shopping!
Source; Bruce Brinkman, Toshi Osaki, Maho Cewjman and EXSKF
Live from Lalaland